Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Song Impact

I was reading my old journals tonight and I came across some notes I had made about new songs from Ray Hughes.  You see, I got some dvd's on a course he taught, called "The Sound of Breakthrough"  and he shared about music and song -- his passion.

Ray's statement, "that we become what our song is or our song becomes us" got me thinking.  I wish I had been in the class to ask him some questions. I have songs to grow in character traits, I have songs that are to heal the past, I have prophetic songs that I sing over areas and people.  I also have songs of worship and praise and adoration, I have songs of war and triumph... so I really don’t know if I have any particular song.  All of these songs are mine in one respect, gifts from the Lord.  Some of them have brought such healing to my heart, and many of these songs have helped me change the way I think about God.

It has happened that I get a song as I read a page in a book or see a scripture verse. Sometimes  I hear someone preach and come away with a song about it... that is a part of who I am in the Lord.

For the last couple of years Holy Spirit has been having me sing the song of the Lord during the worship times at church. Usually it’s a harmony to the song the congregation is singing and it’s what God wants said or declared over the congregation. I haven’t been on the worship team for years, so I have freedom to sing and not interrupt the service. 

Ray’s words about how the song changes and rearranges the Heavens and the earth really blessed me.  It is confirmation that I am moving mountains as I sing and declare God’s heart.  The Lord even gave me a little chorus about moving mountains.  Hallelujah!

I highly recommend Ray's teaching.  I got so much encouragement about my little songs.  You know he has an exercise to get you started singing a new song.  Every morning you write down as many attributes of God as you can think of. Then you pick three of them and sing them to God in any melody you choose.  It's a quick way to open the Heavens over you and your life.  Have fun! I declare that Holy Spirit is helping you to sing a new song to the Lord today! 


Let me bless you now. "Lord, the anointing I've received to sing the song of the Lord I give to them.  Let them sing songs that will bless Your heart too. Amen!"
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

P.S.   'New Song' occurs 9 times in the KJV.  Psalm 33:3. 40:3, 96:1, 98:1, 144:9, 149:1, Isaiah 42:10, Rev. 5:9, 14:3.
-Ray Hughes is on you tube teaching about the Symphony of Heaven.  Here's the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tYXUSVy64

No comments: